Oftentimes, the majority of my readers and followers come from Facebook. Friends and family members who do not have their own blog…much less Bloglovin’ or Google Reader. [By the way, did you know that Google Reader will no longer be around after July 1? If not, take the time to notify your blog followers. They will need to switch over to another blog feed to keep up with you!]
It is always such a task to copy and paste the URL onto my Facebook status every time I post another blog entry. There is an easier way for your blog posts to appear on your friends’ news feeds. It’s called NetworkedBlogs. NetworkedBlogs is an app within Facebook that registers your blog and automatically feeds your new posts into the news feed.
Here’s how you can register your blog and have it syndicated to the target you desire:
1. Search “NetworkedBlogs” on your Facebook toolbar.
2. At the top of the NetworkedBlogs page, you will see “Register a Blog” written in blue. Click to register your blog.
3. Type the URL of the blog you wish to register.
4. Fill in the required and optional information regarding your blog.
5. Once your blog is registered, you have a few options to choose from. You will need to verify that you are the author of your blog. NetworkedBlogs walks you through each step. You can choose to verify by asking friends to confirm you or by adding a widget to your blog sidebar. The second option is syndication. You will want to have your blog feed automatically published on your Facebook page (or a group/business page). Click the word “Syndication” on the left sidebar in blue.
6. Choose the Facebook target you would like your blog to be published to, and take a look at what your posts will look like on Facebook. Are you pleased? Notice you can also choose a Twitter target to automatically publish to.
It is that simple! Now, all your Facebook friends will see your new blog posts come across their news feed each day. You do not have to do a thing! Increase your blog traffic with a couple minutes of prep. This is also a great tool to use on your business page for business blogs and your blog Facebook page if you have one.
Go ahead! Share your blog with your Facebook world!