I’m Meg over at Keeping Up with the Jones’!
It’s official football season. Thank you LARD!
I have a love/hate relationship with football season. My job (as in my real, fulltime time, degree using, 401K job) requires me to work several weekends during football season. And that really puts a cramp in my plans. It’s all fun at games until someone has to work during a football game.
I feel like we sorta know each other. You have probably read my bio already on the top left of this page under Meet the Gals. If you haven’t read it…..go read it now. Like, right now. Save me the time of typing out more info about myself.
Here’s some random facts about me that is not included in the bio that you just read:
- I just graduated with my Master’s in Mass Communication. And I’m thrilled to have “free time” again. That last sentence makes me sound like a 3rd grader. Yippee! Free time!
- I have a strange fascination with P!nk. She is the only concert I have ever attended. Sister Hazel on the Peabody roof-top doesn’t count….wait, does it? They are so 2005!
- I love Instagram. Love. It. It’s so much nicer and less annoying than Facebook! There’s no broken grammar, rants about politics or annoying posts that include smocked dresses or “share it to win it”! I think we should be friends! Follow me as I post an insane amount of pics of my wienie dogs. @megwjones
- I’m an accidental DIY’er. But, I’ll be the first to admit……I’m a lazy DIY’er. I hope you don’t expect big bold DIY crafts over the next few weeks…….I don’t want to disappoint you! ☺
- Here’s a summary of my upcoming DIY posts:
- Store bought to custom curtains
- Painting bedroom furniture
- Thrift store skirt re-do
I love a good thrift store…….and I accept the challenge of turning junk into treasure. But, sometimes, you need to realize that time is money…….and you just need to buy the new pillow/curtains/clutch instead of making your own.
Oh, and sometimes crafting isn’t about saving money. It’s about getting exactly what you want.
To get this party started, here are a few links to my blog on some of my favorite crafts:
Hopefully you have a sense of my laziness style…..and will stick around and read my upcoming posts.
Next week’s post: custom curtains that begin in a bag. That’s probably not the title, but mere the premise.
See ‘ya next week!