I heart Meatloaf.
I have loved it since I was a small child and my mother would make it. I love dipping my meatloaf into homemade mashed potatoes with a side of English peas! Heaven help me!
My man doesn’t like meatloaf. But get this…….he likes hamburgers, and hamburger steak. But, no meatloaf.
I have made meatloaf 3 times since marrying the man. 6 years people. We have been married for 6 years. Each time, he says he doesn’t like it.
During my Christmas break, I bought this from Tuesday Morning:
I of course had to try it out! So I took to Pinterest and found this recipe from Sneaky Spoons: (I have adapted this recipe to how I cooked it)
• lb lean ground beef
• 1 egg
• onion flakes (use what you like)
• ⅓ cup milk
• 1 cup dried breadcrumbs (panko works best)
• 2 mozzarella cheese sticks
• salt and pepper to taste
• BBQ Sauce (your choice)
• ¼ cup of ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread crumbs. (the best way to mix it is with your hands)
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide the meat in half in your bowl.
4. Place the 2 cheese sticks into the top of your bottom layer of meat, then add the top layer and form. (does that make sense? Add it to the top of the bottom?)
5. Place in your new loaf pan.
6. Drizzle your bbq and ketchup over the meatloaf.
7. Bake at for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
This is a super easy recipe that I guarantee your man will love! After my man took a few bites, he asked me to put it in the monthly rotation.
As a bloggy bonus, here’s a article I recently read on meatloaf tips!
*You can follow Meg the Mama over at: www.megthemama.blogspot.com as she blogs about her infertility journey and now her pregnancy!