I always try to come up with a list of fun things I’m HOPING to get to do over a break. There’s no pressure because it’s all things that I want to do and I rarely cross everything off my list. It’s just a bank of options for things we’d like to get around to doing. It helps us to make the most of our Christmas break and pack in as much fun as possible. Be sure to include all family members in the planning so you are sure to include a few things that each person is hoping to get to do.
Family Fun To Do List:
1. Watch a movie together
2. Bake a festive treat together
3. Write Christmas thank you notes
4. Make plans with family & friends when they come in town
5. Go see a movie at the theater
6. Go to a local sporting event
7. Get takeout from your favorite restaurant for dinner
8. Get donuts for breakfast
9. Head to Starbucks for a round of drinks
10. Go out to lunch with someone you haven’t seen in a while
11. Give your child a bubble bath
12. Spend time playing with the new toys Santa brought
13. Head to a local museum or zoo
14. Plan a fun craft/baking evening with friends
15. Do something outside – walk at the river, play in the snow, go for a bike ride.
16. Exchange any Christmas gifts & stop by the mall cookie shop for a treat
I display our list on a chalkboard, on post it notes or on a sheet of computer paper. It’s fun for everyone to be able to read and reread the list over the break and it is exciting to cross things off your fun to do list.
What fun things do you like to do with your family and friends around Christmas?
Hope you enjoy the break for Christmas!!
🙂 Whitney @ Polka-Dotty Place