Let us be honest, no one does Fall like a Mississippi girl. Crisp mornings bring on cool nights perfect for bonfires. Friday’s at the high school stadium, and tailgating at our favorite alma mater. (Southern Miss to the Top!) I guess it is because these days are so scarce this far south. By the time we dust off our plaid button ups, and blink the holidays are here with Fall a distant memory.
That is why I am excited to be Miss October. I hope to share weekly tidbits of my life this Fall. To me Fall is the most guilty pleasure of them all. Deep, dark colors and warm food are just part of its charms. It is a time of year where I feel most inspired.
This month, I would like to invite my fellow Mississippi Bloggers to enjoy October with me. Here are items on my Fall bucket list…
- Eat pumpkin everything!
- Leather boots and plaid! I think tights will also make an appearance for my Fall must haves.
- Dark purple and maroon nail polish.
- Enjoying spooky stories, and scary movies.
- Cool morning thrift hauls.
- Fire pits and hot apple cider.
- Halloween events. Keep posted for fun food and decorations.
With all the best,
Born and raised on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I am a lover of books, history, and all things vintage. I am a blogger by night, and librarian by day. Please stop by and see more of my adventures at The Sassy Starfish.
Mandy L. HornsbyWriter, Genealogist, Vintage Seller